Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's the little things...

I love being a mom. I love staying home and just being with my boys. Sometimes it does get a little smothering and I need a 30 minute escape to Walmart, but otherwise it's great!

Last night we popped popcorn in our air popper. While we've done this in the past, I don't know that Camden has ever watched. He was tickled (there's my mom again) when he saw the kernels go in and popcorn come out. As he shrieked with delight, my heart overflowed with happiness. For this mom, joy is found in just being with my kids. It was so fun to watch him experience something that would be mundane to the rest of the world.

7 comments:

Jim and Angel said...

That reminds me of my dogs most loved toy...a grape. Thats right a little rubber grape. You know, the kind used for decorations. 1 fell off the vine and she just chews and chews like its bubble gum.

Anyway, I have no idea why your story made me think of that.

Jennifer said...

dont tell me you ATE the popcorn!???!

Dawn said...

Yes, I ate a few bites. It is okay for phase 2 as long as it is air-popped...which this was.

val said...

Phase 2????

Dawn said...

Joel and I are doing the south beach diet which has 3 phases and we're in phase 2.

val said...

Ok! Thanks!

Jennifer said...

by the way jimmy, grapes are allegedly poisonous for dogs:
http://www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dtoxin.html#Grape%20and%20raisin%20poisonings%20in%20Dogs