Thursday, January 12, 2006

Music

Music affects us in many ways. Last week Camden was given an old tape player from his Aunt Tracy. We put it in his room so that he can listen to music and stories....that meant we had to dig out all of our cassettes (for you young ones, those are what we listened to before CD's were invented.) So Camden has been listening to some music as he plays and as he goes to bed.

There is one tape that I hadn't heard in a long time. On this tape is a song (not sure of the title) and some of the words are:

I never promised roses without thorns
And I never promised rainbows without storms!
But in the nighttime, when it seems that there would be no dawn,
I'll still linger on, waiting patiently for you to look up to Me.

This is a great song...I'll write out all of the lyrics some time. Anyway, I think that it is so neat that we learn the most when we are at our very least. God designed it that way!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

dawn...on your blog it says that you "quit" teaching. the word "quit" makes you sound like a quitter...you're not a quitter, are you?

Dawn said...

To quit something means to stop...and I completed all that I had committed to. Quitting isn't always a bad thing....:)

Jennifer said...

ooooohhhh! okay:)