Sunday, January 01, 2006

Only two

We had a youth activity today at a family's home about 30 minutes from our church. Joel played Capture the Flag outside with the teens and I stayed inside with Josiah. Camden went out for a little while and came inside once he completely covered himself with mud, pumpkin and squash gunk, and water.....lots of water. He was so excited to be so completely dirty. It's fun to watch him grow into a little boy. Each day he discovers something new and exciting. After all, he is only two.

About 6 or 7 weeks ago I took the boys with me to a doctor's appointment. Josiah was asleep in his car seat and I was reading a magazine while we waited. Camden was seated next to me "reading" a book. There were several other people in the waiting room, but it was pretty quiet. Then out of the blue Camden said, "see my booger????!!!!!!!" When I looked at my son, I found that he was holding his finger high in the air, green yuck stuck to the end. As the waiting room filled with chuckles, I tried not to turn too red. After all, he is only two.

As I dug through the diaper bag for the wipes, I sensed movement next to me. By the time I turned back to Camden, he'd successfully flung the booger off of his finger.....and admittedly I didn't look too hard to find it. After all, he is only two. :)

Jen...I ran today in public. It was in the church parking lot, in my jeans after the activity...but I thought of you with each step. Then my thighs caught on fire and I had to roll in the snow to extinguish the blaze. I won' t be doing that again any time soon. After all, I'm not two anymore.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

HAHAHAHAHA!
your thighs caught on fire? i hate it when that happens...it must be a first for you though - it only happens to me when i am wearing corduroys! hahahahaa!

Jennifer said...

HAHAHAHAHA!
your thighs caught on fire? i hate it when that happens...it must be a first for you though - it only happens to me when i am wearing corduroys! hahahahaa!