Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Water

Remember the saying, "Water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink."? That's how I've been feeling lately. The city has been doing work on our pipes (ours as in the town) on random days for the past few months! IRRITATING!!!! I never know when they are going to work on them. Sometimes it's for 2-3 days at a time. Sometimes it's for an hour. I know when they are working...not by looking out my window but by looking at my water. It turns orangy-yellow and tastes disgusting. It cannot be used for anything except flushing the toilet (the water in there is already yucky, duh!)

Joel left for the office today and a few hours later I discovered the yucky water. Unable to shower, do laundry, wash dishes or even take a drink......I was frustrated. He called the water department for me because I was seething! Just notify me a day ahead of time...that's all I want. Oh yeah, they did that once.....then didn't show up. They said not to use the water from 8 am to midnight.....and didn't show up. IRRITATING!!!!

Our water is fine now. Josiah got his bath, I got to do dishes and wash clothes. There's a huge puddle at the end of our driveway that we'll have to content with once it freezes.....but at least we have water.

2 comments:

Katiebug said...

My wonderful cousin-in-law and family: I'm not really responding to your blog so much as just saying hi because I'm here at school (student teaching) and just a little bored right now;-) How are the cutie boys doing? It was so fun to see them at Christmas, but I wish I could see them more. I know Jen feels the same way. Crazy to think that it is already Feb!!! Wow, how time flies. I'm student teaching right now. I love it, love it, love it!! You can check out my blog (katieskrazythoughts) and see how it is going day to day. I have some interesting stories on there that I think you would really enjoy. Well, since this has turned into an email more than just a blog posting I think I should go. I have your phone number, but if you could send me your email that would be awesome. My email at the college is K3____ (insert last name:-) or my gmail account is Katiebug51683. Give the boys a big kiss from their "Auntie Katie" Did Jen tell you we're going out tonight to get our "after" pictures taken (the after means after loosing weight). I'm super excited to spend some time with her. We are both so crazy busy we never see each other. And we were like so close before. I can't tell you how excited I am. Well, I should go for sure this time. Love you, Katie

Jennifer said...

Dawn, dont worry about not being able to bathe the boys when you have no water access...we all now know that camden could LICK himself clean;)