Apparently I am in the minority when it comes to pet ownership. I have compiled a partial list of reasons (or as Jim declares, excuses) that Joel and I do not want a pet.
1. Hair - no matter how much you clean, vacuum, and dust....the hair is there.
2. Bodily refuse - I have two children. I don't need any more "stuff" to clean
up,scoop, disinfect and deoderize.
3. Cost - that's another mouth to feed and their food isn't cheap. Besides, it
4. Wet dog smell. Been there, done that.
5. I too grew up with Jim's pets. Don't want any of them. Don't have great
memories with them.
6. Vet bills aren't covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
7. Vacations - either take the animal with you or find someone dumb enough to care
for it for you. No thanks. Like the time mom had Abby groomed right before
vacation and they put dumb bows in her hair and painted her paws. DUMB!!!!!
8. I don't like animals. I cannot care for something that I do not like.