Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Me, My Java, and Meijer


Once a week - usually Mondays - I leave the house.....ALONE! I drive 1/2 mile east to a great american coffee icon for a Venti White Mocha, then drive 3 miles northwest to Meijer. I typically call a sibling, usually Jen, and proclaim "I'm on my way to the Grocery Store!"

I might as well be a soccer mom already! I love my time at Meijer. I love my minivan. I love wandering around a store for a few hours just looking at stuff. Of course, I buy my groceries too, but even that can be fun. I have a routine way that I shop the store and I'm usually gone from home for 2 hours or so. I always try to leave once the boys are in bed....then Joel gets some peace and quiet too. There have been several times when I've left home too late to grab my favorite drink, so I'll settle for something from Speedway or just get nothing.

Last night was one of those nights. This routine helps to maintain my sanity and keeps my fridge stocked....I love it, hate to deviate from it....oh, and Val - I always think of you! Somehow, in some weird way (not psycho-weird, just we've been friends for so long weird) it's like you're there with me because I know you probably shopped that night too.

5 comments:

Val said...

Don't make me cry! I didn't know you shopped the same night I do!! I will now be thinking of you as well. It sounds like you might shop a little later than I do though. At least we understand each other.

Val said...

PS - I don't stop for coffee though! Or any beverage for that matter. Maybe I should consider making that a part of my routine...

Dawn said...

Oh, the coffee makes the trip sooo much better!

Rachael said...

Dawn I remember telling Mark how pathetic I felt loving to go to the grocery store so much. The boys go to school Monday, I have homeschooled them for 4 years, and now I have all the alone time I could ever want and strangely enough it doesn't seem so appealing. Loved your ebay store. Rachael

Dawn said...

Rachael,
I don't think you're pathetic at all...grocery stores can be a type of therapy!
BTW, I need your email...