Friday, December 15, 2006

Interesting article

I just read an article online about a man who was executed in Florida. There is a huge outcry because it took 34 minutes for the man to die by lethal injection, and it even required a second dose of the chemicals. You can read the article here.

The man was convicted of murder in 1979, and is just now being executed. I would think his appeals and such were exhausted a long time ago. I am in favor of the death penalty, and the fact that he might have suffered a little doesn't alarm me. He caused great suffering for the one he murdered and that victim's family, for sure. It sounds harsh, but he got what he deserved.

There will be an investigation and we'll see where this goes. I don't think that it is cruel and unusual punishment that he had to be given a second dose, that he moved some during this time and that he licked his lips and mouthed some words. But, my opinion doesn't matter. He's not my relative and I don't live in Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...that's what initially came to my mind. In my opinion (which as you stated in your blog entry, doesn't matter)there is something very wrong with the mindset of many in our country who believe it's just fine to murder unborn babies, but when it comes to putting to death someone who has taken the life of another person, that is somehow inhumane. Doesn't make much sense to me!