Monday, December 04, 2006

Would the REAL Santa please stand up?


Camden is getting very excited for Christmas. Last year we told him that Santa Claus was just a cartoon character, much like Mickey Mouse or Thomas the Tank Engine. That answer seemed to work just fine, and he accepted it.
This year is different. Once again we discussed Santa, only adding that he is a fun pretend part of Christmas. We've even told Camden that Daddy and Mommy really put the presents under the tree, just like Mimi and Bapa do at their house. Camden told me, "I think you're lying to me. He IS real!" Um, no son....he's not.
So, we've made a few trips to the mall to see the nice man in a red suit. I wanted Camden to see that he's just a nice man dressed in a costume. While he agrees with me, he thinks that the real Santa sent these nice men because he's too busy making toys to be at the mall.
I guess we'll just keep telling him the truth and have some fun. After all, eventually he'll believe us....even if he's 30 before he does. :)

6 comments:

val said...

Did he pull at Santa's beard just to check??? :)
My problem is the opposite, Quinn is very vocal about the fact that Santa is not real! Oops, I think we might have beat that in a little too hard...

Jim and Angel said...

Santas not real.......????

Jennifer said...

hahaha. i am getting ready to post on that:)
and yes, jim, santa is real...dont believe a word dawn says!

mom said...

oh my...santa is not real:(...gee thanks kids, i never knew that!!

Bob Shaffer said...

DON'T tell abby, I want her possible last christmas to be extra special since I will not be home this year.

Jennifer said...

bob, dont be so negative. besides abby stopped believing in santa like 90 dog-years ago.