Monday, March 19, 2007

The sounds of silence...well, almost

I've lost my voice. I sound like a Jr. High boy, voice cracking at the worst times. I'm okay to whisper, but beyond that my voice cuts in and out. This has been going on for nearly 2 weeks. This morning it is the worst it has been, so I told Camden that he needed to listen very carefully when Mommy gives him instructions. He asked me when my voice was going to come back and I told him that I really don't know. His solution? "Maybe I can find you a new one. I'll go look under my bed and see if there's one there." A few minutes later he comes to me with his hand cupped "holding" my new voice. He rubbed it on my neck, so I should be all better soon!

Oh, the wonder of a childhood imagination!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

a shaffer that is speechless? it cant be true!

Val said...

I'm with Jen! I love it though. Only a child could come up with that!