Saturday, June 02, 2007

Why I Love Camp





I mentioned in my last post that I love taking our teens to camp. Here's why...


1. You're only a kid once. Camp is a ton of fun! When I was a kid (back in the dark ages) camp was the best part of my summer.

2. I'm a sponsor now. Sponsor=perks. Joel and I (and Glenn and Beth) are driving the teens to camp. We feel obligated (and rightly so) to stay at camp with our teens. We will ALWAYS stay at camp with our teens unless providentially hindered. We get to watch what they do, go to the services and see God change them...right before our eyes. Why would we drop them off and come back at the end of the week and MISS IT??? Back to perks....we don't have to plan anything except how to get them there and get them home. Joel and I get to spend all day together....every day...unless there's a golf outing :) Oh yeah, and we get a whole big packet with lots of informative papers to read....and I actually read each one as soon as I get the chance (I know, I am a big geek.)

3. Camp has this way of changing things....I'm looking forward to how God uses camp in the lives of our teens (Amanda and Crystal...you're one of our teens that week!) and in our lives as well. Will Galkin is the speaker while we are there so I am anticipating some dynamic messages and some terrific music from the Pettitt team too!

4. Starbucks coffee at camp. Need I say more??

2 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Oh, I am SOOOOOO JEALOUS! I miss camp so much, especially since most of the leadership at Northland are dear friends of ours: Gearharts, Pettits, Galkins, Frazors, Fipps, etc. I totally agree with you... camp is a life-changing experience.
Our church here runs a camp (Indian Creek Baptist Camp). For Wednesday night service, they come and join us for the service (at church.) Last Wed. pm I almost sat there and cried as they did a "camp service" in church, wishing that we were working at camp again!
HAVE FUN!! I know you will!

Dawn said...

Heather, I will be thinking of you! We WILL have fun....thanks!