Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Babe!

Happy Birthday, Joel! Wow, did you ever think that 30 would come so fast? I really hope this birthday is special. I'm so thankful for you. It's amazing to me that God saw fit to put us together. So, in honor of you, I thought share some thoughts.

You're my best friend..my favorite person on this earth. You know me better than anyone else this side of heaven and still love me! When I look back on my own 30 years, the happiest are the ones I've shared with you.

You're a terrific dad! When you come home, it's a party every time! Our boys are so blessed to have you for their father. I love watching you wrestle with them. Whether it's baking cookies or playing backyard golf, it's plain to see that you love them during the mundane moments of life.

You're a dedicated youth pastor. I know the road is not always easy, in fact, it rarely is. I know that youth pastors do more than plan games and write trivia questions. I love our late night chats about how to help them grow and change and what we can do for them. I love the fact that you love our teens enough to spend your days serving the Lord and serving them.

You're a great coach. While your seasons haven't led to championships (yet!) you remain dedicated to helping your girls develop into great players....even if they do cry sometimes!

I love all the little things too....like how your eyes light up when the Tigers are on free TV or there's an interview with Ernie. I love it when I know you're tired at the end of a day and you let me escape and head to Meijer...alone! I love your passion for ministry and how it affects all that you do.

You are the love of my life. I'm so thrilled to still be growing in love with you! Happy Birthday.

Love,

Dawn

1 comment:

Joel said...

I Love You!