Thursday, April 03, 2008

My new hobby

I'm hooked. Addicted. Past the point of no return. I am and will forever be....a CVS Extracare junkie. I'm not kidding, folks! I've converted my sister and am working on my mom. I will never (EVER AGAIN) pay for shampoo, toothpaste, deoderant, makeup, and other various and sundrie things.

CVS gives you Extrabucks when you buy certain items. I then take those extrabucks (ECBs) and "roll" them (use them to buy more items that produce ECBs) and repeat. It is fun. It's exciting. Here's what I got this week:

5 Bottles of Softsoap Spa Bodywash
2 Packages Pampers Baby Dry diapers
8 sticks of Lady Speed Stick 24/7
20 bars of soap (12 Dove, 8 Lever 2000)
2 Johnson's buddies soap bars
1 24.7 Volumizing Lip Gloss
2 Bottles of Windex
1 Package of Windex Wipes (GREAT for the van.)
1 Can of Scrubbing Bubbles Bath cleaner
1 package of eyeshadow applicators
1 package of foundation applicators
1 package of facial cleansing sponges

I spent a total $7.38!! and that's only because I bought the Pampers :) AND--I have over $20 ECBs to spend later. I do this almost every week (of course, the products vary and I almost NEVER spend more than $1.00 out of pocket.) CVS allows you to combine their coupons, manufacturer's coupons and ECB's to pay for items.

Now, before you tell me that I am a pack-rat or that I am greedy, read this: I do have a plan for all of this stuff. It will be making it's way into care packages for college kids, pampering baskets for new moms, etc. Of course, when we need toothpaste I will run to my stash first. But it's not all just being stockpiled for no reason.

This is just one way I am saving money and making our budget work.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! I wish we had a CVS around here.

Val said...

That's very impressive. I can't say that it would convert me though. CVS is too far away...

Jennifer said...

OOOOH! i love cvs! (pronounced kuhvuhssss)

Juliann said...

I love CVS!!!! I wish you lived closer...alot of your favorites are things I love! We could definitely have fun bargain hunting. Oh...the joy I get when I stretch a dollar into ten!