Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A steal of a deal


I had so much fun at the grocery store tonight...seriously. When you hear about it, I think you'll agree. Everything in the picture you see was purchased for a grand total of $44.47!!! Here's how:

Meijer had Jello coupons on their Mealbox site for $1.50 off of 2 boxes. My store had Jello on sale 5/$3....so when I bought 4 boxes and used 2 coupons, I had 60 cents left over. There is a Catalina coupon that prints for $2.00 off your next order when you buy 3 boxes of Jello, but the Catalina machine will only print one coupon per transaction. So, I did multiple transactions, combining 4 boxes of Jello with one other small item and the coupons. Then I used all of those $2.00 coupons to pay for my last transaction. How many total transactions do you think I did???

Hold on to your hats....17! Yup, 17 separate transactions! My cashier was AWESOME! Here's the sum of what I bought:

64 boxes of Jello (small ones - 4 servings), 3 large cans of tomato sauce, 3 loaves of bread, 1 dz. eggs, 2# margarine, 2 family-sized frozen meals, 1 box pancake mix, 1 pkg. american cheese slices (24), 1 4 pack of toilet paper, 3 boxes of cereal, 1 frozen lunch meal, 1 gallon of milk, 2 6-pks of yogurt, 1 Breyers ice cream (1.75 qt), 2# spaghetti, 1 jar REAL bacon bits, 2 bottles chewable vitamins (100 ct.), 4# Gala apples, 1 bottle soft scrub, 10# potatoes, 1# ham, 1 pkg. gourmet stuffed chicken breasts, 1 bottle honey, 1# shredded italian blend cheese, 1 Humidifier, and 1 pkg. pencils/erasers (stocking stuffer for Camden).

Total savings (coupons, sales and promos): $147.32!!!

Joel laughed when I wanted to take a photo first, but I'm glad I did. God has certainly blessed us in many ways when it comes to finding deals on groceries.

Feel free to drop by for a visit....I'm serving Jello every day!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Way to go Dawn! I love taking pictures of God's blessings too! It's a great reminder of how He provides for us everyday.

Jennifer said...

LOL jello. maybe you could give some to the jellomaster for his wedding:)

Val said...

Unbelievable. I seriously need some help here in NH! I guess a better grocery store would be the first big help...

Great job!!!

PS - I even tried the grocery game... :(

Nicole said...

When I first look at your picture, I thought I was seeing things...ha ha!! That's a lot of JellO...let's see...there's gotta be somekind of a JellO cookbook or something! :) I wish I knew how to do all that grocery/coupon organizing...the stores around us never have awesome deals! Bummer. Congrats to you...that's an awesome deal!!