Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We just wanted coffee....

My friend and I had plans to meet for coffee yesterday. She and her husband recently moved away and they are back this week to do a few things and spend Thanksgiving with family. So, we made plans to meet at a local coffee shop....one I had never been to, but she had. When I arrived I found out something sad: it was closed. Permanently. There was an orange sign posted to the front door stating that the establishment had been closed for failure to pay their taxes. Sadness!!

So, we climbed into her car to check out the navigation system. We were hoping for a good recommendation - you know - some obscure, locally owned spot. Guess where we ended up??? Not obscure at all - but good coffee (and food, of which we had none)....yup, Panera.

We walked into the restaurant, glad to at least be moments away from finding a cozy booth and chatting for a while. When I walked up to the register, the girl who was working began to take my order. Then she walked away. Are you kidding me? How hard is it to get 2 cups of coffee? Another (very kind) girl came and helped us, and when my receipt printed only half of it showed up? It was quite the comedy of errors. Alas, we were finally able to start sipping and gabbing.

I haven't known my friend for very long. She is smart and funny, independent and talented. Although we've only known each other for a short while (in fact, this was our first cup of coffee together!!) we share a kinship in heaven. We had a great time together, and I'm really going to miss her!

So, dear friend, when you read this...know that I'm only a letter or phone call away. I look forward to hearing of your business success (and I know you'll be successful!!) and of how God blesses you and your husband as you take on this new adventure!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Dawn,

you are wonderful. I will never ever forget our coffee adventure. :)

Hugs to you,
Jen