Monday, December 21, 2009

Year in Review 2009

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
**I sewed Josiah's costume for the Christmas program. NEVER thought I'd be doing that!
**We had our first true medical scare with Josiah and the tumor on his leg. I'm so thankful that everything is okay!!

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any. Kinda pondering a few for this coming year. Not resolutions, per se, but changes nontheless.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My nephew, Thiago, was born in March.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Joel's Papa Cummins met his Savior face to face in August.

5. What countries did you visit?
None, maybe we'll change that this year....oh wait...we did go to Canada for an afternoon in May....

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Organization - I think I'm being swallowed by my house!

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Wow, this year has been full of lots of ups and downs. No specific dates though.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This sounds silly, but just making it through the year. Sometimes we get bogged down with so many things....I'm welcoming 2010 with open arms!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not documenting more about my kids. I know one day I'm going to regret not recording more.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fell in February (right before snow camp!) and hurt my leg...and it took forever to heal. Illness....we still haven't figured out all the thyroid stuff....

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our van. Not my favorite make/model, but it meets our needs and I'm thankful for it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Joel's. I don't know anyone with the character of my husband. I love him dearly and truly appreciate the way he trusts God and seeks His direction.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Wells Fargo Bank.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Camp at Northland. I love taking our teens to camp and spending the week with them. We have the best teens and they really are a huge blessing!

15. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Complete in Thee and Holy Darkness, Blessed Night

16. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Don't know if I'm either, really. There are lots of things (not known to others and shall not be revealed here) that make me sad. There are other things that thrill my soul. I'm generally a pretty happy person, but everyone has their days.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Slowed down and just enjoyed my kids. I'm gonna do more of that this year.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Miss my family, especially my siblings.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
24...

20. What was the best book you read?
Hidden Power...a pretty good read about the influence that presidential wives have had on their husbands.

21. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't watch a lot of movies.....but I can tell you that Night at the Museum was a complete waste of an evening.

22. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I like to blend in and not stand out in a crowd....

23. What kept you sane?
Prayer. Lots of it.

24. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare (most people would probably answer this way right now.)

No comments: