Most days I don't feel very thankful. There, I said it. Most days I want to complain about where we are in life, and I want to whine and cry to anyone who will listen.
That's not very sanctified.
The truth is that I have a lot for which to be thankful. So, here's a list. By the way, this is for my benefit...to remind myself of how blessed I am!!
I'm thankful for:
1. Joel - while this year has found him working with paint, wires and endless strings of stringers, he does what he needs to do to provide for us. This year has been hard, but good for us.
2. Camden, Josiah, and Trevor - yes, I'm busy. Yes, I have my hands full! But, they're full of good things (read that in a blog post this year!). I'm grateful that I have the chance to mother these three boys.
3. My church - I cannot even begin to tell you just how much we have appreciated Maranatha this year. Our church family has been a wonderful addition to our lives this year. While the circumstances that pushed us toward Maranatha were not pleasant, we found a new place to learn and grow. We've established some great friendships and have been able to get involved in many different ways.
4. My extended family. In June, my Grandpap Shaffer passed away and we traveled to West Virginia for the funeral. While my aunts, uncles, and cousins all lead different lives and make different choices than I do, I love them. They're MY family. We're Shaffers. We GET each other. My siblings are the best!
5. A roof over my head - this year has been a roller coaster when it comes to our house. For now, we're still here.
6. Healthy kids - other than the occasional cold or stomach bug, my boys are healthy. There are plenty of people around this globe that cannot say that!
There are other things that I'm thankful for.....I'll post them in the coming days.