Thursday, March 08, 2012

My Life.....isn't All That Bad.......

You know, I tend to find myself wanting to complain and whine about the fact that we're still waiting on God to show us where we're headed.  I often (way too often) allow myself to think that God has forgotten about us (He hasn't) or that His plan for us isn't all that great.  Yup, I can be very, very self-centered and get so focused on me that I don't consider the entire picture.  Why do I doubt God?

In the last few weeks, 2 friends have lost their Dads.  2 friends have lost their babies. Several friends have parents, children, or siblings struggling through major health trials.    Tornadoes ravaged the south leaving families homeless and killing dozens.  All this, while I sit in my warm home with my healthy family.....who am I to complain?

God has lead me to this point...why do I think He will not continue? God has given me much more than I deserve, and yet I have the nerve to get frustrated and weary?

This is not a declaration that I've arrived and achieved some ability to not complain and worry.  But it is a notice to myself that I've got it pretty good...and that I need to be thankful for what I have and stop longing for what I don't.  It's a dose of personal perspective.  It's a reminder that God's promises are true and that His Word doesn't fail.

3 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Dawn said...

Steve - do I know you?

Ruth Wells said...

You know, that is the exact thing I was convicted of in my devotions this morning! It was the passage "...but seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." All about not being covetous or fretful, but simply being content with what God has given me and focusing on eternal things. Great reminder...thanks!