Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Patience, Preschoolers, and Lighting your Hair on Fire

You know, I thought I had this down - this patience thing.  You'd think that I'd be really good at waiting by now, but admittedly I'm not.  I want to know when and where and how God is going to move our family.  I want to know so I can plan and pack and make wise decisions.

And maybe I'm just impatient.  I don't like to wait.  I don't like to not be in control.  I get tired of answering the same questions from well-meaning people.  I don't know when we're moving, where we're moving, if any of the ministry possibilities we have are going to work out.  I don't know where my kids will go to school this fall or if we'll have to get rid of a ton of stuff so that we can fit into a little apartment.

Apparently, I need a little more polishing on this patience thing.....

Moving on.......

I'm almost not the mom of a preschooler. Come September, all three boys will be at school.  It amazes me that this phase of our lives is coming to a close - it's wildly strange and sad and thrilling.......

Oh yeah, about lighting your hair on fire.....

Josiah stuck his head on a candle the other day and singed the top of his hair.  Really?  Like me life isn't exciting enough......

No comments: