Monday, June 04, 2012

The Third Day in June

On June 3, 1995 I graduated from Victory Christian School in Londonderry, NH.  My parents hosted an open house and I spent the day celebrating my accomplishments, dreaming of my future and crying a few tears.  Like most high school graduates, I had big plans and couldn't wait to go off to college and begin the rest of my life.

On June 3, 2003 Joel and I moved into our apartment in Clinton Township.  We had driven from Wisconsin to Michigan the day before, but we had arrived just a few minutes after 5 p.m.  The leasing office would not give us our keys after 5, so we ended up spending the night at Matt and Rachael Wipf's house.

I was expecting Camden at the time, and was only 7 weeks away from my due date.  Joel had accepted the youth pastorate at Macomb Baptist and we were excited to see what was coming next. The next 7 and  a half years would be full of blessings, challenges, laughter, tears and joy.  In God's plan, He moved us from that ministry and placed us in His waiting room - where we remain today.

On June 3, 2012 we spent the day (the weekend, really) to honor our current Pastor and his sweet wife.  Pastor and Sue have served Maranatha Baptist Church for 25 years - and they have served MBC very well.  While we've only been part of this church body for less than 18 months, we have grown to deeply love and appreciate this sweet couple.  They are genuine.  They are sincere.  They are humble.  They are loving.   As Mike Sanders said yesterday, they are true Christians - and that is the greatest title in the world.

God has been so good to MBC.  This weekend was about thanking God and honoring Him for giving us this good gift. It was about recognizing that all of this is possible only through the grace of our good God.  

I am so thankful for Glen and Sue Currie.  God has given us a wonderful gift.



No comments: